In response to the continued COVID-19 pandemic, the Transport Division introduced that it’s going to assist cross-border autos with expired license plates return to Hong Kong from mainland China or Macau for car inspection, in order that drivers can renew their Hong Kong license plates.
Please observe that this measure is simply a brief association, and purposes will probably be accepted from now till June sixteenth this 12 months.
Assist stranded autos return to Hong Kong for license renewal
In response to the Transport Division, as obligatory COVID-19-related quarantine remains to be in place, some cross-border autos are stranded in mainland China or Macau and haven’t returned to Hong Kong. Throughout this time, the license plates could have expired.
The Transport Division is conscious that some car house owners will prepare for cross-border towing companies to tow their autos again to designated car inspection facilities in Hong Kong for car inspection, after which undergo procedures for renewing their licenses.
Cross-border car license renewal procedures
The brand new measures particularly help house owners to return to Hong Kong to finish the car inspection and license renewal procedures. Right here is the process:
- Eligible car house owners should submit an utility kind to the Transport Division 2 weeks earlier than the proposed return date of the car, and are liable for arranging native towing service by themselves.
- The Transport Division will then approve purposes and gazette exempted autos, and profitable candidates will obtain an approval letter with the required date acknowledged.
- Eligible cross-border autos will be pushed again to Hong Kong via the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Port on the required date by a chosen driver who has efficiently utilized for Return2hk or Come2hk Scheme with the approval letter from the Transport Division. The car ought to use a chosen route and park on the designated automotive park/designated place on the Hong Kong Port of the HZMB.
- Candidates ought to rent native towing service to tow the car from Automotive Park No. 3/designated location on the Hong Kong Port of the HZMB to the designated car inspection heart in Hong Kong for car inspection.
- After passing the car inspection, car house owners will undergo the related procedures for renewal of the car licenses.
Please observe that an accepted car should be lined by legitimate third-party legal responsibility insurance coverage for Hong Kong, the “Obligatory Insurance coverage for Motor Automobile Site visitors Accident Legal responsibility” for Mainland China, and statutory car insurance coverage for Macau (relevant to Hong Kong cross-border autos stranded in Macau) on the day of return.
Learn extra: HZMB Automotive Insurance coverage
As talked about beforehand, the measure is a brief association. Purposes will probably be accepted from now till June sixteenth, and the variety of autos allowed to return to Hong Kong will probably be capped every day. For particulars on the preparations, drivers could name 2804 2600.
Paperwork required for making use of for cross-border car license renewal
The finished utility kind needs to be submitted along with the next related supporting paperwork:
- A duplicate of the approval doc issued by mainland China – i.e. a sound Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao motorized vehicle site visitors and driver’s driving approval discover (digital approval card) issued by the Guangdong Provincial Public Safety Bureau (not relevant to holders of the common quota for Hong Kong and Macau personal vehicles);
- If the car is owned by an organization, a replica of the corporate registration certificates/non-Hong Kong firm registration certificates/firm identify change certificates/registered non-Hong Kong firm identify change registration certificates (enterprise registration certificates is not going to be accepted);
- A duplicate of the Hong Kong car registration doc;
- The Return2hk or Come2hk appointment certificates legitimate on the day the designated driver returns to Hong Kong;
- A duplicate of the ID doc and legitimate Hong Kong full driving license of the designated driver;
- A duplicate of the legitimate Hong Kong full driving license of the designated backup driver;
- Affirmation of towing service appointment;
- A duplicate of the Hong Kong third-party legal responsibility insurance coverage coverage legitimate on the date of return to Hong Kong;
- Extra paperwork relying on the place the car is getting back from:
- Coming back from the Mainland/Macau: a replica of the Mainland’s “Obligatory Motor Automobile Site visitors Accident Legal responsibility Insurance coverage” legitimate on the date of return; and
- Coming back from Macau: A duplicate of Macau’s statutory car insurance coverage legitimate on the day of return (relevant to autos stranded in Macau).